6.16.2010

oh. so. you're my boyfriend now? thanks for letting me know.

um, am i the only person who never knows anything?
i didn't know my family was going to houston until a few days before they were gone.
i didn't know i was getting a car until i walked outside and saw it. i had my suspicions of course, but i thought they were unfounded.
so discovering that i am dating someone is new to me, but i rolls with the punches.
well, speaking of punches, homie is kinda...rough-ish.
not like hitting me, or anything, 'cause i'd jack him up, but just...not gentle?
but i'm tryna do this the right way (for once) and he will be meeting my mama.
this will end terribly, i just know it.
deren already said she was coming up with a list of questions to ask.
this morning my mama was like:
"is he a baggy-pants wearing dude?"
"slightly, mother."
"hmm. grandma says pull'em up. is he an afro, braid wearing brother?"
"no, mother. his hair is like derek's, a taper fade."
"hmm. does he have gold teeth?"
"NOO, mother."
*here comes deren, busting in the conversation.*
"what about silver?"
"no."
"what about diamond-encrusted?"
"NO."
"...platinum?"
my mother started laughing, and high-fived her, saying that deren asked the hard-hitting questions that she couldn't think of.
she said he has to come to church with us.
meaning allllll the church family is going to see him holding my hand (ol' pda lookin'...) and i will be straight harassed.
"who's thiiiis, deven?"
"nobody...i mean...somebody...man, can you get your sanctified side-hug from me and move along already?"
no good.
anyway, i'm going to six flags on friday! yay! pulling contest will recommence, with the addition of my cousin and deren's friends...and i will be successful.
ayy, i said he was my boyfriend.
i ain't say i was his girlfriend.
:D
shh. i probably won't even do it. dang my guilty conscience.

2 comments:

  1. Meeting people at church is never going to end well. Well, it depends. One of my dumbass male friends named Devin cheated on his girlfriend that used to be his ex-girlfriend with his new ex-girlfriend and got her pregnant. After losing his relationship, his new ex now current girlfriend wanted to go on his church's trip, which is the trip for the church his old-new ex-girlfriend and all her friends go to. Long story short, in a twist of niggerdom, they're friends now. This isn't good for Devin at all, though.

    ReplyDelete
  2. ^^ all of that, including the incorporation of a name that sounds like my own, has confused me terribly.
    i'm dreading him meeting my church friends more than my sister.
    no. let me stop lying.
    i abhor the thought of him meeting my sister.
    ABHOR IT.

    ReplyDelete

touch on it.